The 24 libraries in the California State University system are a network, led by the Council of Library Deans (COLD), with support from Systemwide Digital Library Services and Content at the Chancellor’s Office.
We work together to accomplish the CSU’s core mission:
- To advance and extend knowledge, learning, and culture, especially throughout California.
- To provide opportunities for individuals to develop intellectually, personally, and professionally.
- To prepare significant numbers of educated, responsible people to contribute to California’s schools, economy, culture, and future.
- To encourage and provide access to an excellent education to all who are prepared for and wish to participate in collegiate study.
- To offer undergraduate and graduate instruction leading to bachelor’s and higher degrees in the liberal arts and sciences, the applied fields, and the professions, including the doctoral degree when authorized.
- To prepare students for an international, multi-cultural society.
- To provide public services that enrich the university and its communities.